

Sunday evening Natasha Mayers viewed my artwork, "Zoning is Sexy! Taboo?" in the Moosehead View Gallery windows. The night time viewing was excellent. The words on the plexi reflected upon the collage as did the mannequins. I was very pleased with how it all came together. It felt great to stand back and see it, done. Natasha shared my enthusiasum. She suggested I write a simple explaination of the piece to accompany my artist statement in the window and to try to get an explaination in the local paper. It was published today. Seeing the color photos in the Moosehead Messenger was great! I hope more people stop by and view the work. I have had great fedback and questions.
Natasha and I shared a great term. This was a great step for me into public art and engaging cultural and social geography directly. The humor helped me and made it approachable for the community too. When you have this much fun, it does not feel like work.
No comments:
Post a Comment