Moon Rise

Moon Rise
View of White Cap Mountain

Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Bert Call et miss elizabeth

Took the wee road racer down to Monson to see the Bert Call exhibit. Lovely prints of Bert Call's old negatives. Todd Watt restored and printed them. Lovely! His exploration and documentation, 1886-1940s of the North Maine Woods was 35 years after Thoreau's visits. I wanted to get in the spirit for next week's Thoreau-Wabanaki festival in Greenville. Seeing black and white large scale prints is breath taking; It is the details.
Raced back to photograph miss elizabeth. We have played phone tag for four months since the winter interview. It was fun and silly. She wanted to dress up. I wanted the piece of dyeki. In sum we got five shoots; three of which I think are workable. I love the pose of passed out on the grass with spilled glass. It felt like a Kate Spade Advertisement. The dyeki was worth the wait. I am eager to see the actual negative. It is perfect in my head, and hopefully the negative will not let me down. E wore an angle wing charm. The close up is of finger grasping dryki and the dangling charm. Loved it! Tomorrow off to see my wee sister barrel race in Showhegan. I'm gonna take the hobo and the holga! It is a day off to play and let wee Avis see the fair. I need to regroup to critique my installation Sunday for any final tweaks before Natasha comes on Monday. Exhale...

No comments:

Post a Comment