I am still looking for a mentor for next term. Peterman had too many commitments, so I am trying to get my pen up to write another request. My dream list is Laura McPhee, Barbara Bosworth, or John Willis. They will all require quite a drive... Every place is a great distance from here. It is all part of the proccess...
A walk is not just mechanical motion but also a space for critical thinking and creativity. My practice values narrating the geometry of my relationships. My photographs, as well as everyday items, souvenirs and interactions serve as frames that engage my life’s “open spaces” and areas of interest, including land use, domestic identity and social policy.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
week twenty-one: December 27th on.
No one in Montpelier to measure for the tennis court installation. I am hard at work or rather crazy as the mad hatter writing my visual culture paper on The Everyday, Landscape, and the Artist's Process. I am "using" [he he] DeCerteau to tactically bring them together through the works of Rebecca Solnit and Roni Horn. I have also revisited Virginia Behan and Laura McPhee's Photographs and touched on Rosalyn Deutsche, Lefebvre, Deborah Bright, and Lucy Lippard. It has been a great term. I am eager to set this paper asail to dear Mr. Deitcher, so I may press myself into overdrive and print for my installation on the North Maine Woods. The photographs make me very happy, but I have so many more in my head. I got one this morning on my drive to town. Avis was sleeping so we drove into the timber yard and got the landscape I was after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment