A walk is not just mechanical motion but also a space for critical thinking and creativity. My practice values narrating the geometry of my relationships. My photographs, as well as everyday items, souvenirs and interactions serve as frames that engage my life’s “open spaces” and areas of interest, including land use, domestic identity and social policy.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
week ten: October elevanth on
Reading new takes on Lefebve's theories of space and identity. I worked through Rosalyn Deutsche last evening. Her critique of revitalization, genrification and public space offered valuable insights to the use of displacement and stucture of urban planning. Today I reflected on her works and compared her take to those of Solnit, Lippard and Horn. I need to get an outline on the visual culture paper to my advisor. I have made so many drafts it looks like a multi-perspective sketch. I photographed Natalie and her nephew Thrusday at the soccar game. She sits on the corner; it was an interesting perspective. I got a new scanner and scanned the eight by ten negaitves this week. The Epson V750 Pro is a dream. Fast and quiet compared to my Microtek which sounded like a dying cat. Meggan suggested it. There is much to do before meeting Meggan for our monthly meeting this Saturday. I need to review and edit the shoots on the everyday from the camps. I have been studying the road too. Paths are an obsession. I photographed Avis' crossings on the frosted grass this morning. Lovely graceful imprint her lttle feet left by moving the grass and pushing away the forst. I am eager to see Meggan's space and the collective space of her artist community. Much to do. It was good to reflect this week and see the images on my computer as a collection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment