Big excitement this week, I purchased the Garmin Oregon, and I set it to track me. Indian Hill is thanking me because it was pricey. I have wanted one for years admiring my uncle's trails from exploring the north country. Tracking my daily sallies about the camps chasing Avis. After a walk or lunch at the kitchen I admire the mark marking. Sunday 30th I went to Chesuncook village. It traced me there and back. I did glance at it once to confirm my turn. There are few signs on the Golden road. Generally, I set it and ignore it, do my activities, and admire the marks. I want to use the tracks as marks tracings my daily life.
A walk is not just mechanical motion but also a space for critical thinking and creativity. My practice values narrating the geometry of my relationships. My photographs, as well as everyday items, souvenirs and interactions serve as frames that engage my life’s “open spaces” and areas of interest, including land use, domestic identity and social policy.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Week Three: 23 August on
Sampling the texts of my bibliography to engage the new ideas and perspectives and set my pen to write the studio plan. I am reading Roni Horn published by Phaidon and reviewing her portfolio books: Bird, A Kind of You, and Library of Water. I continue reading in A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit and her Wanderlust: A History of Walking. Both books envelop you in walking as an action and a muse. Her writing is marvelous. She takes on the depths of contemporary thought and history in a fun engaging prose. Reviewing the portraits and audio interviews. There is plenty of material there and I hope to add ten community members. I need to get the plan to Meg by Friday. Always the procrastinator this is a good motivator, and it gives me the weekend for editing before the final emailed text on Monday. This is a time to order my projects. Quantifying and qualifying each provides needed structure and limits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment