on gentrification and the East Village). This concerns displacement which is a subtheme in my reading of connecting to place. David directed me to consider affect and look again at Lefebvre's encyclopedia entry on the "Everyday and Everydayness" keying in on the two forms of repetition. My research is focusing on affect as a concern for place and the minute connections [subjective emotions] people carry as links to a place where their ideals and experiences touched. Perhaps I am also reading too much reference to Jane Austen, he he. I am absorbing questions of affect, resistance to imposed repetition, place, process and practise, meta-langauge, lack of communication and the art of the question itself. The exploration along these themes have been interesting, but now it is time to focus my thesis and outline the term's paper.
A walk is not just mechanical motion but also a space for critical thinking and creativity. My practice values narrating the geometry of my relationships. My photographs, as well as everyday items, souvenirs and interactions serve as frames that engage my life’s “open spaces” and areas of interest, including land use, domestic identity and social policy.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
week seven: September 20th
Started the new week with a full day of portraits and interviews. Connected with two subjects later in the week. I also continue to photograph at the camps, everyday paused. The first batch of film returned to studio and I am pleased with the tight shoots. The detail and intimacy are what I was looking for and what I question in the everyday experiences of living where repetition robs us of passion, intimacy and awareness. I continue to read Solnit, Lefehvre and de Carteau. David Deitcher added a reading from Rosalind Deutsche's Evictions: Art and Spatial Politics (the chapter
on gentrification and the East Village). This concerns displacement which is a subtheme in my reading of connecting to place. David directed me to consider affect and look again at Lefebvre's encyclopedia entry on the "Everyday and Everydayness" keying in on the two forms of repetition. My research is focusing on affect as a concern for place and the minute connections [subjective emotions] people carry as links to a place where their ideals and experiences touched. Perhaps I am also reading too much reference to Jane Austen, he he. I am absorbing questions of affect, resistance to imposed repetition, place, process and practise, meta-langauge, lack of communication and the art of the question itself. The exploration along these themes have been interesting, but now it is time to focus my thesis and outline the term's paper.
on gentrification and the East Village). This concerns displacement which is a subtheme in my reading of connecting to place. David directed me to consider affect and look again at Lefebvre's encyclopedia entry on the "Everyday and Everydayness" keying in on the two forms of repetition. My research is focusing on affect as a concern for place and the minute connections [subjective emotions] people carry as links to a place where their ideals and experiences touched. Perhaps I am also reading too much reference to Jane Austen, he he. I am absorbing questions of affect, resistance to imposed repetition, place, process and practise, meta-langauge, lack of communication and the art of the question itself. The exploration along these themes have been interesting, but now it is time to focus my thesis and outline the term's paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment