Moon Rise

Moon Rise
View of White Cap Mountain

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

week 4: August 30th on

Meg sent a preliminary critique of my studio plan suggesting clear outline of final results. I tweaked the plan and sent it all to my mentors and faculty. I continue to read "Everyday and Everydayness" and experiencing Roni Horn's portfolio books. Her work is experiential and it effects me different each viewing. This morning was sad and reflective thinking of a lost friend. Last week was playful and almost silly staring into the back of these dead birds and noting how my mind traveled from page left to right.
I ordered a wide angle wearable camera/video. I do not like carrying about the camcorder. I feel like a tourist. I took it to the Obama Great Outdoors listening sessions in Bangor and recorded some bits to experiment and explore. The rabbit leg atop the box is too funny. I want to pat it. It does break the ice.
Cleaned my studio as a nesting exercise of clearing my thoughts and getting comfortable. I am organizing the book, Zoning is Sexy today. Hurricane Earl arrived last evening, but the humidity persists. I am a northern girl and heat seeps all motivation out of me. Snow would be lovely; It is September!

No comments:

Post a Comment