I have been shooting the Frenchtown Road and along Lily Bay Rd., in Greenville and around the camps. I read the anthology, Situation as a primer for the ideas I am working through this term. I acquired the books from my bibliography and supplimentary materials. I am disecting books: their structure and substance. The use of text and supplementary imagry [found materials] interests me. The book's arc makes me think of fly fishing, that beautiful hock, pull, catch and release. My favorite books are Bill Burke's I want to Take Your Picture, Alec Soth's From Here to There, August Sanders' Face of Our Time, Fazel Sheikh's The Victor Weaps, and Alan Sekula's Fish Story. I have narrowed it to ten but these are the big five. I am in awe of August Sanders' People of the Twentith Century. I have shoot in the Moosehead Lake region for over twenty years and the archetypes are an easy pause on the nature of space.
No comments:
Post a Comment