A walk is not just mechanical motion but also a space for critical thinking and creativity. My practice values narrating the geometry of my relationships. My photographs, as well as everyday items, souvenirs and interactions serve as frames that engage my life’s “open spaces” and areas of interest, including land use, domestic identity and social policy.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
week sixteen: November 22nd on
Thanksgiving. Thanks for the love of family and friends and gratitude that I escaped to the woods--Home for several days taking a break from all the activities and responsibilities of normal days. I read on my visual culture project and reflected on where these readings have taken me, some questioning. I still prefer James C. Scott to De Certeau for offering a contextual look at resistance and hidden transcripts of using space. De Certeau reads like poety; it is beautiful and thought provoting but I feel I need to read it several times to grasp the depth of his prose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment