Moon Rise

Moon Rise
View of White Cap Mountain

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

week fourteen: November 8th on

Sunday I studied puddles with Avis. Eric changed tires on the unamog, and I got some great pictures of that. This morning I studied my bathroom while A. dismantled the dvd collection. On the drive to town I studied the mile markers, flaggin tap, and interuptions of the excepted. There must be cutting planned because there is a lot of new tap. De Certeau’s critical theory of the production of space into policy and practice engages how I see both the paths through which I engage the day and the characters of my community and the multitude of roles we play. I am thinking about the tactical intimacy of the 8x10 camera and the way it opens a discursive space of dialog because of the technical need to produce the space: set up, read light, communicate the necessity of stillness, etc. The exchange brings us close and allows for depth otherwise taboo. Taboo in that I perceive American culture as desiring a comfort envelop whereby people are kept at arm’s length: don’t sit with strangers and no one lingers too long. The eight by ten allows a level of detail one cannot achieve in normal life without staring for an uncomfortable time. This interests me. Herein we have another question. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment