Traveled to Boston to attend MassArt photo lecture by Hank Willis Thomas and meet with my artist teacher, Laura McPhee. I was very stressed by the transition from gathering to building my book. I agonize over all the materials. We discussed winnowing, and I have settled into the book nicely and laid out sixty pages rough to start. I need to take many of the images into photoshop and build the pages because iphoto books only offer certain layouts. This was a great week. I made to write my mid term evaluations and that sat me down to rethink what I am doing and why and confirm that I am on track. May looks to be a good month. APril was putrid but it is behind me. Cheers to progress and a product.
I asled John Willis to be my mentor next term and he agreed. His critiques offer valuable insights. I enjoy the layers he weaves into his comments. Three months and we will be back in Vermont.
I asled John Willis to be my mentor next term and he agreed. His critiques offer valuable insights. I enjoy the layers he weaves into his comments. Three months and we will be back in Vermont.
No comments:
Post a Comment