A walk is not just mechanical motion but also a space for critical thinking and creativity. My practice values narrating the geometry of my relationships. My photographs, as well as everyday items, souvenirs and interactions serve as frames that engage my life’s “open spaces” and areas of interest, including land use, domestic identity and social policy.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Week One- 9th Aug Return/Reflect/Reach forward
The first week back is an adjustment back into my routines, a catch up, reflections on the residency and all the matters of daily life. The mannequines needed some repair from the bumpy travels in the trailor. I installed the installation's backdrop and the working forest mannequin in the storefront to engage the public for the remainder of summer. I typed my residency evaluation. It was a jumble of notes and comments which made sense to only me. I assembled the materials for the visual culture term. I like to review the selected texts and set a plan of attack from the intentions I left the residency with and any insights I get from their indexes. I have begun reading Rebecca Solnit's Getting Lost and I take Avis on morning walks to ponder my studio plan this term. I sent my studio advisor, Meggan Gould, my visual culture plan. I am thinking through ideas for the book on the Zoning is Sexy installation. The book will document the installation, its reactions and experiences. Busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment