Reviewed by works yesterday with Natasha Mayers. Great visit, good feedback, questions and discussion. I love going to Natahsa's space. It is welcoming, cheerful and she feds me yummie food. The quality of time is greatly appreciated. I come away reenergized and eager to explore. The instillation juxtapositions the North Maine Woods' elements of land use and access: working forest, tourism and nature. The play is fun and challenging, working through popular culture, commercial and state policy and ideas of wild and natural. I am excited to see community reaction in the parade. July fourth is fast approaching, and the instillation is ablaze working to finish and add final fixes from my critique. The juxtaposition of historical documents, maps, books, brochures, and much more. The beaver and sign will be complementary elements to illustrate the humor of zoning. The installation will also be downtown for July until I leave fro my residency.
I am exhausted from six hours of driving yesterday and generally useless. I am well aware of my distance from all other places I might set as destinations, but when I venture out in one day the vehicle becomes an unfriendly space. I feel spongy.
Starting to consider artist mentors for next term. I would like to explore sound and video. Photography is my passion and I expect always an element of my work and the means though which I journal and explore space and the intimacy of places.
No comments:
Post a Comment