Moon Rise

Moon Rise
View of White Cap Mountain

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

marching into eight

I dropped off prints to the folks I have interviewed, a little thank you for the time and stories they shared. It turned into a busy week despite two cancelations. The one portrait and interview this week offered marvelous new axioms and perspective on this place. I would like to embroider these axioms like old alphabet needlepoint or the proverbs framed and displayed as country kitsch. I spent some time reviewing the use of words with photography by artists like Duane Michaels, Peter Beard, and others. I am seeing them as separate and trying to figure out how I would incorporate them, successfully. Finally I decided upon a mannequin model and ordered there for my installation on North Woods access and land use. Materials form a facinating pile in my studio: official maps, logos, furs, animal parts, equipment parts, work cloths, recreational clothing and more. My pre-pregnancy knickers are serving as structural models of how garments fit the female form. This is fun. The process of working through the project blends humor and concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment