Busy week first getting my annotations into my advisor and in the studio. I am reviewing last week's interview, tweeking the questions, interviewing more folks and setting up interviews. I am really enjoying the perspectives. My last interview shed some interesting details about the train industry. I was aware two track systems came into the region for industry and tourism but the extend is impressive. People are a living history. The landscape has changed but folks remember fondly the past. I tweeked the questions because I want folks to be open to answer without any leds but the topics are needed to gather any experiences. I do not want to get off track from experiences into political rants. Dangerous mud! I am shooting with the 8x10 field and box, pentex 67, and my digital nikon. It is surely overkill but each is so different in the visual feel I want to see a month's worth and determine how I will proceed. The Hobo 8x10 is my favorite camera followed by the 5x7 deardorff. I do not like the 8x10 field because it is heavy and combersume. Folks love the experience and have facinated by the sheet film. It leds an interesting conversation about history and how come old processes are best. This is great fun and I am very excited for it all to come together and be shared with my peers, my mentor and my community. Our region's school is concerned with diversity. I see the differences within our community and see many lessons of acceptance, respect, and perspective. Life is a prisim; each cut is a different slice of life. I did my unergraduate thesis on the prisim of identity. That title sticks with me as a tried and true method to respect variances.
Concerned about my recording equipment. I am using a Olympus digital voice recorder and my blackberry phone. I was also using a zoom T4 but it died. Research on the internet revelled this expensive gadget is doomed with errors. So, I am on a quest. My concern is if I use sound, what format edits well and also what program shall I use. Work progresses...
No comments:
Post a Comment